Seed CX understands that a participant is not a single individual or entity. At Seed CX, participants can establish a number of unique trading desks that can each act with some autonomy. A desk can have any number of traders assigned. Participants can therefore have a dedicated desk for different activities, e.g. “Proprietary Desk,” “Customer Desk,” etc. Desks are also a good way to reduce the exposure for any new traders to the firm.
To effectively manage this participant structure, Seed CX supports multiple user privileges. The privileges allow a participant to securely give access to traders, administrators and back-office personnel with confidence.
User types include:
- Authorized Signer. An Authorized Signer has the ability to bind a Participant legally.
- Participant Administrator. A Participant Administrator will have the ability to create new trading desks, impose limits, assign authorized traders, submit withdrawal requests etc.
- Trading Activity Viewer. A Participant Administrator can provide a user the ability to view all trading data, across all traders and desks.
- Funding & Reporting Viewer. A Participant Administrator can provide a user the ability to view all funding information and capital movements, as well as give access to a rich reporting suite. This is useful for reconciliation and billing.
- Block Trader. Having Block Trading privilege means that users can allege block trades against other participants via SeedTrade or other means made available.
- CLOB Trader. Having CLOB Trading privilege means that users can submit orders to the open market via SeedTrade or other means made available.